Wednesday, September 18, 2013

High marks for Le Fevre's suspenseful tale


Wade Le Fevre
Right from the get go, Le Fevre draws the reader into a spine-tingling tale, filled with foreboding omens and one-way doors that lead down an ever-dimming spiral, down, down, and down even further, until all light has turned to darkness. I thought I knew how the character was going to come out of this, but, no, I did not. Because as you'll discover, hell has no roadsigns. I found myself reaching for every light switch in the house while reading, to remind myself that I could. Le Fevre's novel, Terrorizing Jude, is an unexpected flashlight with long-lasting batteries. Fair warning. Once you'd downloaded this story to your e-reader you'll never think about dull digital pixels the same way again, without rubbing a field of goosebumps first, and that's only after flipping on every light switch in the house, in the middle of the afternoon.

1. Before you tell us about your book, why don’t you share a little bit about yourself.
Well I am a huge film fan and avid reader. Before deciding to write books I had worked hard to learn to be a screenwriter. I took screenwriting classes at Mount San Antonio College and watched a lot of movies. I’ve always been good at English, even in high school my teachers were always impressed with my creativity.

2. Outside of writing, what sort of activities do you enjoy?

There aren’t many, I mostly read and watch movies when I get spare time. If I’m not hanging out with friends I can usually be found at the movies or sitting somewhere with my nose stuck in my kindle.

3. Do you have a favorite food, snack, and/or beverage?

If I had to say a favorite food I would probably say something Italian, like lasagna or baked ziti. I am however a huge fan of snacks. When I’m being bad I can plow through a bag of peanut M&M’s like you wouldn’t believe and I have never turned down a brownie.

4. Authors draw from a wide variety of experiences, from their own lives as well as the lives of others. Which is the richest source for you?
Mostly mine. My stories don’t come from too many people I know. I’ve never ever met anyone in my life personally who was physically and psychologically tortured at the hands of a madman. The bulk of my stories I make up the plots and characters, but to flesh out their lives and give them a little more detail and flavor I take a great many things from my own life. Childhood memories, favorite movies, belief systems, things like that. Then I’ll give another character the exact opposite opinions and belief systems and maybe imagine a life of someone I knew in the past.

5. Of the stories you have written so far, which is your favorite and why?
I guess of the three I have so far I would have to say Covenant which is the book that I’m releasing next year. Not to depreciate the other two in any way, I love them both, but I feel like with each book I become a better writer. I understand the medium more and I utilize its strengths and as I was writing Covenant everything seemed to fall into place so easily whereas with the previous two I really had to work to make things flow the way they do.

6. Embarrassing moment. Do you have one? Or better yet, are you sure you want to put it out there?
When I was in the fifth grade I played Prince Charming in the school play. Wore yellow tights and everything. I’m not entirely sure if I want that getting out, but honestly, there are video tapes and pictures out there somewhere so it might one day whether I want it to or not.

7. What genres do you write for? Are there any that you haven’t that you would like to explore?
Mostly so far I have written for horror. But part of the plan is that I would like to write on good, solid trilogy of science fiction novels. Not like a series but just three separate science fiction stories, but written from the horror point of view of the situation. I have all three ideas in place, it’s just a matter of getting to them, but switching genres at too early a juncture I feel is a bad idea. Probably won’t write the first one for another two or three years.

8. What advice would you give new authors?
Don’t do too much at one time. If you can help it, find your audience and start marketing before you have a release date in mind. Take your time, it’s not a process you want to rush otherwise you’re going to find yourself doing too much at one time.

9. Now that we’ve had a chance to get to know you, tell us about the latest story you have out now?

Well, Terrorizing Jude is out now, but next month I will have Snipe Hunt out, which is a very different vampire story than I think most people will be used to. Very excited for that. Then next year I will be releasing Covenant which is my own variation of the haunted house story and currently I’m working on a first draft of an as yet untitled work about two pre-teens and a werewolf. So I’m keeping busy.
________________________
EXCERPT

From Terrorizing Jude:

The plopping sound of dripping water reverberated through the room, bouncing off the tiled walls. There was a four second delay between drips, as the water slowly collected at the edge of the tap, eventually falling out of the faucet and landing in the water that filled the tub. The momentary collision of the two bodies of water as they became one caused a gentle ripple and a slight echo that would quickly die away.


The woman in the tub paid no mind to any of it. She had long since expired. Had she been at all alive she might have appreciated the peacefulness of her surroundings, maybe even have found solace in the majestic beauty of such a send off. As it was she had instead perished in a fit of explosive violence, the last thought rushing through her head one of horror, the last sound that of her neck snapping.

________________________
BLURB

From Terrorizing Jude

“Jude is terrified. She lives in a constant state of fear of being home alone. She is so afraid that it is starting to affect her marriage. To overcome her fear she decides to spend a perilous two days alone in her apartment while her husband is at work. Her mind plays tricks on her from phantom sneezes to the television turning itself on. But is it all her imagination? Or…is there really something to be afraid of? Something as close as her coat closet?
________________________

Find TERRORIZING JUDE on Amazon

Stay connected with Wade Le Fevre on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/wadelefevre

No comments:

Post a Comment